Friday, July 10, 2009

Big Brother Time, 2

Jason-

I enjoyed your post, but have been struggling with a response because I am not sure that I have a favorite reality TV show...in fact I kind of think that "reality TV" is the devil.

But.

I have to come clean here and admit that I did find myself watching about 90 minutes of Big Brother After Dark last night (this morning) on Showtime. This is after hours footage, and I did not watch Big Brother itself, so I had nothing to go on as far as context or competitions, but I could not bring myself to shut the TV off and go to bed. Much of what kept me hooked was the social maneuvering that nearly everyone was thoroughly engaged in.

It also is more appealing to me with your insights regarding workplace dynamics, the role of HR and what people do with their integrity while they are participating.

So, I don't think I have a favorite, but I might give Big Brother some time this summer. I have in the past watched The Biggest Loser, American Idol and I watched the original season of that show where they vote people off the island (is that still on?). Those shows all proved to be entertaining at times, but it seems that Big Brother has some additional value. Thanks for the insight.

-joe

No comments:

Post a Comment