Thursday, October 15, 2009

Still More on Politics and Culture

Joe,

Are you trying to tell me that my ideas aren't all solid gold? :-)

I wish that I could fervently disagree with your points regarding politics and that an organization free of politics should be the goal. I'm afraid that I may be getting jaded by too many years in corporate HR and have adopted a pragmatic perspective of embracing politics as a way to facilitate change rather than railing against their existence.

On a daily basis, I think many of us are faced with the prospect of how to be less political and bring more transparency and authenticity to our work while balancing the risks that accompany that choice. Fortunately, I find myself in a situation to influence corporate culture in a significant way due to my role, but that doesn't make this balancing act any less complicated.

Good debate. I'm glad that we found a topic that we could dig our teeth into.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment