Thursday, November 19, 2009

Looking ahead...

Jason-

I liked the points that you made in your post from Monday, but I think that we need to make a decision about or clarify what we are attempting to do here. You made the point that you were identifying characteristics of what you thought the future organization should be, and I am wanting to make sure that is in line with our objective here.

I think that there are a lot of people talking about what the future of HR could be / should be and I am hoping we can add a slightly different perspective to that conversation. We cannot predict the future, but we have identified some of the ways in which business is changing and will continue to change.

As we move closer to the heart of this issue and consider the future of the organization, rather than us thinking about what we would like the organization to look like in the future, I had wanted us to look at our original list of ways in which business is changing and develop some thinking around how those changes would influence and shape the future of the organization. Having done that we could move on and consider how that stuff would shape the future of HR work.

I may just be confused by or over analyzing language, but I wanted to make sure we were both on the same page before doing more work on this. Let me know, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment